Physiatry/Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group
Physiatrists are specialists trained in physical medicine and rehabilitation. Physiatrists provide nonsurgical treatments for a wide variety of medical conditions affecting the brain, spinal cord, nerves, bones, joints, ligaments, muscles and tendons. Many have specialty certifications in brain injury medicine, pain medicine, pediatric rehabilitation medicine, spinal cord injury medicine, sports medicine, and electrodiagnostic medicine.
Regional Medical Group (RMG) physiatrists offer a variety of evaluation and treatment options based on your particular needs. These may include:
- Balance and vestibular therapy
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Gait analysis and mobility
- Independent medical examination (IME)
- Injection-based care, including epidural steroid injections, Botox® and joint injections
- Nerve conduction velocity (NCV) studies
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Prosthetics and orthotics
- Spasticity management
- Swallowing and voice therapy
- Urodynamic testing
Specialty programs overseen by RMG physiatrists are available at Marianjoy for patients requiring a more comprehensive inpatient program. Intensive therapy is paired with high levels of medical and nursing care. These programs include:
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Musculoskeletal or orthopedic issues, such as hip or knee replacements
- Neuromuscular conditions, like Parkinson’s disease or multiple sclerosis
- Pediatric conditions
Learn more about inpatient rehabilitation programs.
Make your appointment with a Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group physiatrist through our dedicated scheduling departments.
RMG at Marianjoy physician appointments can be made by calling 630.909.7000, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm (TTY: 711).
For all other Regional Medical Group physiatrist appointments, please call 630.225.2663, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm (TTY: 711).